Nami simplifies your adoption of in-app purchases and subscriptions for apps published to Google Play. In doing so, Nami needs to communicate with Google's Play Developer API for purchase verification as well as retrieve product SKU details.
This article documents how to generate Service Account credentials with Google Play that provide Nami the limited access needed to manage your app's purchases.
Service Account setup must be done by the developer account owner. Not sure who that is? Check Users & Permissions inside the Google Play console.
If you haven't used the Google Play Developer API before, make sure it is enabled.
- Go to the Google Play Developer API page in Google Cloud Console.
- Click Enable.
In the Google Cloud Console go to Service Accounts.
- If you have multiple projects listed, select Google Play Android Developer
Ensure Google Play Android Developer is the current project in the Google API Console.
- Click Create Service Account.
- Fill in the Service account name and Service account description fields, then click Create and Continue.
- Under Grant this service account access to project (optional), click the dropdown and pick 'Service Account User' permissions.
- Skip the Grant users access to this service account (optional) step and click Done.
- Select the service account you just created from the list.
- Make a note of the full email address for the service account. You will need this for step 18 below.
- Select the Keys tab.
- Under Keys click on ADD KEY and then Create new key.
- Make sure JSON is selected as the key type and then click Create.
Download the key as a .json file. Make sure you don't lose it!
Confirm your Service Account now has a key ID in the list view, and has a green checkbox in the Status column.
- Go to Users & Permissions page on the Google Play Console
- Click Invite new users
- Put the email address from your service account that you copied from step 11 above.
- Select the Account permissions tab and assign the Nami Service Account the following permissions:
- View app information and download bulk reports (read-only)
- View financial data, orders, and cancellation survey responses
- Manage orders and subscriptions
- Click 'Invite User' to finish
Be sure to add all 3 permissions to this service account. Otherwise Nami won't be able to perform purchase verification!
- You're almost done! Log in to the Nami Control Center, and visit Settings > Store Credentials
- Grab the Service Account credentials JSON downloaded in step 15.
- Upload into the Service Account Credentials file upload and click 'Save'.
It can take up to 24 hours for your newly created service account to be active. To help speed up the process, add or edit a product inside the Google Play Console.
Updated about 1 month ago