Initial State Configuration is a state that your app uses when it can't connect to Nami. It tells the app which campaigns, products, and paywalls to raise when the Nami servers cannot.
There are 2 main use cases for this config:
- User doesn't have access to the internet when they try to raise a paywall
- Nami services are down
For each placement in your app, create additional campaign rules. You should create 1 campaign rule for each form factor and device language.
When creating, mark the campaigns as 'Anonymous'
In Anonymous Mode, the audience filters are restricted.
- App Platform - REQUIRED - Put all of your current payment platforms in this list
- Device Form Factor - Required if your app is supported on multiple form factors. Not required if you only serve phones. Ensures that users always get a paywall that supports their current device form factor
- Device Language - COMING SOON - Required if your app supports more than 1 language. Ensures that users always get a paywall in the correct language
Create a paywall with basic functionality and no personalization. Add products to the paywall for each platform.
Add a paywall for each form factor and device language.
Make sure each campaign rule has a correct corresponding paywall that matches its form factor and language.
Initial State Config files need to be downloaded for each app and each platform integration in the app.
- Go to Integrations
- Find the Platform you are trying to setup.
- Click 'Export initial config'
- Select the SDK version. Unsure? Select '3.1+'
You will get a JSON file with products, paywalls, and campaign rules. The paywalls and campaign rules correspond to the setup in the previous section.
Updated 10 days ago